Below is a list of family friendly events that are related to Environmental Sciences:
- Boise Watershed and Foothills Learning Center have fun activities that are free every month for families. They help educate our children about our environment; Check out the schedule of events at : www.BoiseEnvironmentalEducation.org
- 2/7/2015, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wild at Heart Enjoy free admission to Zoo Boise at the 2nd annual Wild at Heart event! The zoo residents will receive special Valentine's Day themed enrichment and you can make valentine cards for all of your favorite animals. Last admission at 4:30pm.
- 2/10/15; Water Can Be...Foothills Learning Center. 3 1/2-6 year olds. 10-11a.m. Register at 608-7680.
- 2/16/15;President's Day Camps for 1st-5th graders. 9a.m.-4p.m.
- 3/10/15; Little Wolf's Song. 3 1/2-6 year olds. 10-11a.m. Register at 608-7680.
- 4/14/15; Hawk, I'm Your Brother. 3 1/2-6 year olds. 10-11a.m. Register at 608-7680.
- 5/12/15; Jam & Honey Bee. 3 1/2-6 year olds. 10-11a.m. Register at 608-7680.
- 2/14/15; Woo At the Zoo. 4-7p.m.
Ongoing for adults
Below is a list of training opportunities and classes available that pertain to Science and/or our ELLCI curriculum:
- McCall Outdoor Science School Teacher Training (Free, $100 travel stipend provided, optional 2 credits from U of I for $120) http://www.uidaho.edu/cnr/moss/teachereducation
- Project Learning Tree/ Project WILD/ Project WET ($30 per class, optional Credit available for additional cost)http://www.idahoforests.org/plt1.htm, http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/education/project_wild/
- Discovery Center: Science Café (Fee, no credit available) http://www.scidaho.org/Educate/Science_Cafe.php
- Boise State Writing Project: Tasting what’s New: Idaho School Gardens and the Local Food Movement(Fee $83, optional 1 Credit from BSU for $192)
- Boise State Writing Project: Invitational Summer Institute Fellowship (Free, 6 credits are free, trip/ lodging in McCall provided)
- Craters of the moon Natural and Cultural History Workshop, http://youthgo.gov/education-resources/craters-moon-natural-and-cultural-history-workshop
- Idaho Geological Survey Workshop ($50, credits available at $79 per credit)http://www.idahogeology.org/DrawOnePage.asp?PageID=203
- Idaho Environmental Education Conference http://www.stoller-eser.com/IdEEA/training.htm
- Trout in the Classroom http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/education/aquatic/troutClassroom/
- The Magic of iSTEM Summer Institute, free, gas paid, housing and food paid, continuing education credits. http://www.sde.idaho.gov/site/istem/teachers/events.htm
- Desert Studies Institute – Registration through Boise State University, various classes and class dates and times. http://www.boisestate.edu/summer/pdfs/DesertStudies2011.pdf (Great Basin Birds of Prey, Ethnobotany, Owls of the Snake River Plain, Exploring Desert Ecology, Field Botany Crash Course, Fish of the Snake and Columbia Rivers)
- Sawtooth Science Institute – Registration through Idaho State University, various class dates and times, various classes are from the following topics: Sawtooth Science, Geo-science, History, and Anthropology. http://www.isu.edu/playhard/study.shtml
- Junior Master Gardener Training
- Trailing of the Sheep Festival, Ketchum, ID. Workshops for the General Public to include: Cooking with Lamb; Fiber Fest – Weaving on a Weighted Loom, Core Spun Yarn, Nuno Felting Class, and Locker Hooking; Western Folklife Center and Heritage Museum Presentation and Open House; Sheep Dog Trials; Fleece, Skein, and Spinner’s Competition; Children’s Workshops; Lamb feast and more…. http://www.trailingofthesheep.org/calendar_at_a_glance.php
- Into the Watershed by Idaho Water Resources Research Institute, 2 credits, http://www.iwrri.uidaho.edu/default.aspx?pid=33434
- Project WET by Idaho Water Resources Research Institute, watch for more dates, http://www.iwrri.uidaho.edu/default.aspx?pid=33434
- ConocoPhillips and Project NEED alternative energy Workshop, free, lunch provided, free teaching materials, Boise, ID http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=94027